Yesterday I posted a super cheap and uber easy tutorial for your children to Create gorgeous water coloured backgrounds for some emergency (or not) handmade gift cards and wrapping paper.
Today I want to show you different ways to use these backgrounds.
What You Need:
- A4 cardstock – 1 piece makes two cards
- Adhesive – glue or double-sided tape
- White or black gel pen
- Pencil + ruler + eraser
- If you have a paper trimmer/guillotine then you will have a neater card
- Cut the A4 card in half – this will give you two C6 cards
- Trim the watercolour background to 95×140 mm, using your pencil & ruler
- With the gel pen, draw a border around the inside of the edge of the watercolour background
- Make some simple embellishments with paper or ribbon
- These small rectangles make a cute banner/bunting
- Stick the watercolour background to the front of the card (Card 1)
- Embellish with handmade bibs ‘n bobs or items from your craft cupboard (Card 2)
- Ta da! (Card 3)
I hope this helps you occupy your children for a few more hours these holidays and perhaps get a little more organised for the months ahead.
If your family does make some cards – I would genuinely love to see them. Put a link in the Comments below or share on the Purple Paper House FaceBook site. Go on, share the love!